Friday, May 6, 2011

Poem "Mother" by Dr Syed Imrana Nashtar Khairabadi

MOTHER

(Dedicated to my mother Syeda Sarfaraz Fatima Nashtar Khairabadi )

Dr.Syeda Imrana Nashtar Khairabadi

Atlanta Georgia USA

My mother

She is an aroma

That permeates all my senses

She is a vision

That assumes all shapes

She is a melody

That soothes me forever

She is a spring

That flows eternally

I fondly remember her melodies

And many acts of kindness

Through health and sickness

She was there

Through joy and sorrow

She was there

Many a time she mended my broken heart

Many a time she corrected my flawed thoghts

Many a time she pulled me from the abyss of life

And encouraged me to scale the heights

As a baby I found refuge in her lap

As a toddler I walked with her finger

As a young woman I found the compass of life from her

In the twilight of her life

Fuelled by fond memories

I served her

And in that service found joy

That surpassed any Paradise

Oh mother! that golden days are gone

You are no more with us

Your memories make us sad

Your sweet smile,your loving guide

Always give us strength

Brighten our days

Lighten our ways

You are always in our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment